This is a hands-on role that requires incumbents to understand visual setup maps, follow written instructions regarding furniture setup, organize work in order of priority, meet strict deadlines, and read and respond to emails. A strong grasp of the English language is required. Work will be undertaken with minimal supervision.
What You Will Do
1) Setup and dismantle tables, chairs, staging, lighting, podiums, portable white boards / flip-charts and movable walls for special events and classrooms
2) Ensure all surfaces are clean
3) Ensure room is clear of debris
4) Ensure that white boards if supplied are cleaned and have appropriate markers (corporate clients only)
5) Ensure that flip charts if supplied have 1 full pad of paper and appropriate markers (corporate clients only)
6) Ensure room layout is both functional and aesthetically pleasing
7) Ensure waste and recycle bins are not overflowing during the day for hallways and classrooms
8) Ensure waste receptacles in washrooms are not overflowing during the day
9) Perform the day-to-day maintenance and repairs required for a public, student-oriented facility with a focus on the loading dock, the equipment/storage rooms, the servery, and cleanliness of classroom furniture
*Other duties may be required and/or assigned
What we Need:
Expertise/ Qualifications Required:
– Must have a strong grasp of the English language both verbal and written.
– General labour and physical strength skills are required to assemble, tear down, and store furniture.
– Requires an ability to organize physical spaces.
– Must be able to work with little or no supervision.
– Must have a pleasant, customer-service oriented
– The incumbent must provide safety boots.